You were dishonest
By omission, as they say
When she is no longer the one
You want to walk slowly with
And she runs ahead…
You’ll ask, “Still friends?”
~ Just L (February 16, 2019)
Author’s Note: One day he may look back on all of our messages and realize he not only overreacted, he acted badly.
Pointers for men:
1. When you are seeing multiple women, especially if you are intimate, and run in the same small circles, a heads up is just common courtesy.
2. When you have an interest in seriously pursuing another woman in particular, just say so. Don’t be weird or become passive-aggressive.
This is for free:
3. And once #2 is a reality, stop sending flirty texts or naked photos.
I think women love very hard…we love men, and we just love with everything we have.. And sometimes I don’t know that love is met with the type of dignity we wish it would be met with. – Lady Gaga (From her healing with ex-fiancé, Taylor Kinney)
She adds in another interview, “My threshold for bullsh*\t with men is just — I don’t have one anymore. In relationships, you have to move together.”
He prefers necklaces that choke
Insists he’s just some bloke
One who doesn’t bite, mostly
He promises infinity
So, the tumble begins
The golden smile sunsets;
In the end, darkness descends,
Most of forever deprived
A dying rose on the table,
A blood red soul
Put to rest, in the netherworld.
~Just L (February 11, 2019)
I saw you on the street
In passing, We embraced
You introduced me to your “friend”
Beautiful like a tiny painting
With a limp dishrag handshake.
I greeted you full, squarely on
With my usual over-the-top energy
“So great to see you; and meet you”
I didn’t even suck in my stomach
I don’t need your approval,
~ Just L (February 5, 2019)
1. The moment you realize that the person you cared for has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you, but a headache.
2. The moment you realize God had greater plans for you that don’t involve crying at night or sad.
3. The moment you stop comparing yourself to others because it undermines your worth, education and your parent’s wisdom.
4. The moment you live your dreams, not because of what it will prove or get you, but because that is all you want to do. People’s opinions don’t matter.
5. The moment you realize that no one is your enemy, except yourself.
6. The moment you realize that you can have everything you want in life. However, it takes timing, the right heart, the right actions, the right passion and a willingness to risk it all. If it is not yours, it is because you really didn’t want it, need it or God prevented it.
7. The moment you realize the ghost of your ancestors stood between you and the person you loved. They really don’t want you mucking up the family line with someone that acts anything less than honorable.
8. The moment you realize that happiness was never about getting a person. They are only a helpmate towards achieving your life mission.
9. The moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from.
10. The moment you realize that you were always the right person. Only ignorant people walk away from greatness.
~Shannon L. Alder
When I saw you
Make a life
Shared the same heart
Missed each other
Our lips met
You didn’t see me.
~Just L (January 22, 2019)
Too many women I know have stood or prayerfully waited for too long, thinking that they are doing the right thing, the good thing, even the God thing: NEVER SETTLE for anything less than extraordinary. If you are not in a relationship where EVERY DAY you feel loved, ADORED, cherished, and that it is made abundantly clear by his actions that you are the best thing ever to happen to him, imperfectly perfect yet perfectly suited, a blessing, BEAUTIFUL, sexy, appreciated, AMAZING, full, sated… depending on the circumstances, fix it right now, or ruuuuun. Don’t look back at your life, your journals, the signs… and say, “OMG, I should have never accepted that and/or left that three years earlier!” Let us instead pray dangerously —wantonly, lustily, passionately— let us demand with every ounce of our strength, FREEDOM!
~ Just L (Goddess Wisdom, a repost from January 19, 2012)